As a frequent traveler I often think of ways I can benefit the environment while traveling since air travel isn’t the most sustainable thing to ever do. Over the years I have found a few easy swaps for items I use a lot while traveling whether by car or plane and wanted to share them with you guys! Don’t feel pressured to get all of these at once, even just making one switch a month can make a huge difference, do what works for you! These make the perfect eco friendly gifts for any traveler.
- Reusable bamboo cutlery- Honestly these always come in handy whether its for take out, eating on the go or at an airbnb. I keep some in my car, house and backpack for all occasions.
- Metals straws with reusable water bottles- Metal straws have been my favorite swap recently, I use big ones to drink my smoothies since I like to make them thick. They pair nicely with any hydro flask, yeti or other water bottle.
- Reusable silicone ziploc bags for snacks from Well Earth Goods– Way better than normal ziploc bags! You can wash these, microwave them, freeze them etc. They are really heavy duty and come in all sizes and colors.
- Bamboo toothbrush and toothpaste tabs from Well Earth Goods– No plastic here! And no need to worry about getting through TSA with these toothpaste tabs. So easy to use and compact to travel with.
- Shampoo and conditioner bars from Super Zero Now– Way easier to get these through TSA! Plus they are really convenient for camping trips.
- Reef Safe Sunscreen- Always the most important thing to pack if you are going to the beach!
- Menstrual cup- Maybe TMI, sorry guys, but these make camping and traveling 1000x easier plus using them in general is better for your health and the environment.
- Laundry detergent tabs- Eliminate plastic all together! These strips are so much better for the environment, your skin and clothes. Plus they are super easy to stick in your bag for travel.
- Solar phone and laptop charger- A must if you are off grid a lot!
- Reusable grocery bags- Love using these since we usually cook ourselves anywhere we go so we visit local stores or farmers markets. Most bags can be folded up really small to pack.
Let me know in the comments what eco friendly gifts you would love to receive!